Halloween is a time when a business can take advantage – if they sell Halloween supplies, costumes or candy. If you don’t sell Halloween related products, however, you might find that Halloween may be a relatively slow time for your business.
While convincing people to spend money on your non-Halloween items may be difficult, there are a few things you can do to increase the visibility of your store and drive foot traffic.
Use these six great Halloween marketing ideas to give your business a boost if Halloween is typically dead for you.
- Hand out Halloween candy to passers-by. The simple act of getting involved in the Holiday could be enough to get people in your store. For the most part, this strategy works best for retail businesses that have a product to sell on the spot.
- Decorate your storefront or business window. By doing this you’ll help to attract customers, even if you don’t sell Halloween supplies. Even some fake spider webs and red paint can be enough.
- Throw a party at your store or business and invite customers and potential customers. The conversation will always shift to sales eventually.
- Spook-ify your logo. Adding a bat or a drip of blood can give people pause and notice your store.
- Offer people discounts and sale items for Halloween. It might seem trite, but the simple act of giving somebody 10% off because it’s Halloween may be enough to get people shopping with you – when they otherwise wouldn’t.
- Have a costume contest with a free giveaway. Doing this in your store is usually the most effective, but if you don’t have space, an online contest using Facebook can work too.
Post a Comment